Find 100+ self-guided driving & walking tours only on Action Tour Guide review
Whether you’re an introvert or just want to enjoy a self-guided vacation, having a well-rounded guide for your self-guided tour is something you shouldn’t waste. Self-guided tours make you discover many things beyond your expectations that really boost your adrenaline and adventurous spirit. Thus, the Action Tour Guide review will help you find the best guide to accompany your self-guided vacation.
Table of Contents
- Action Tour Guide Review
- Why Action Tour Guide?
- What's On Action Tour Guide
- Action Tour Guide All Boston and Newport Walking & Driving Tours Bundle Review
- Action Tour Guide Ghosts of the Gettysburg Battlefield Self-Guided Driving Tour Review
- Action Tour Guide Pricing
- How Action Tour Guide Works
- Action Tour Guide Pros & Cons
- Is Action Tour Guide Worth It?
- Is Action Tour Guide legit?
- Action Tour Guide Customer Reviews
- How To Contact Action Tour Guide
- Where To Access Action Tour Guide
Action Tour Guide Review
A vacation alone with a view and time duration that suits us is very relaxing and enjoyable. However, as someone who doesn’t know much about an exciting location, you’ll definitely need help to guide your trip so that you know which places are worth visiting.
You wouldn’t expect the presence of one travel arrangements company that has a very brilliant idea. Who’s that? Yep! Action Tour Guide. This company specializes in travel arrangements that focus on self-guided to bring comfort for people who prefer to explore independently.
This 2019 company is an audio guide, map, and tour book – all in one. They have over 100+ walking and self-driving tours in the US and around the world, and they even add new tours every month.
These self-guided tours range from Boston to New York and from San Francisco to Hawaii. They also tour Mexico, Europe, and Asia.
As a company that has not been established for long, they have a growing following that currently totals 193 followers on Facebook and 430 followers on Instagram.
In a fairly short time, they were even featured in several popular media publications such as FOX Providence, Thrillist, WBZ NewsTalk, and Laurel Award as a highly innovative brand.
It is very reasonable and understandable if you don’t really know about this self-guided travel company since they are a fairly new company in this field.
Therefore, the Action Tour Guide review is here to help you get the various kinds of information that you really need. Let’s get started!
Why Action Tour Guide?
There must indeed be a strong reason to support you in choosing something. Don’t let yourself regret it later because of the wrong choice, including when you will decide to choose this brand to be a self-travel guide that you can trust.
As a travel company that provides self-guided travel options, all instructions must be clear and easily understood by travelers. So should this brand also do? Of course.
This brand always tries to bring the best service by updating the things they need to change with the progress and satisfaction of their customers. They have several things that make them superior and worth choosing. What will you get from this self-guide travel?
Action Tour Guide Highlights
- Fully guided personal tour with 2 options of driving and walking tours with a duration of 16 to 18 hours
- You will be guided by professionally narrated stories that will help you enjoy the journey you have
- Read audio transcripts of fun facts about the locations you visit that will enhance your knowledge and make them even more memorable for you
- Key sightseeing points that are not to be missed
- You can enjoy traveling at your own pace
- The tour works offline, so you don’t need a phone network to enjoy the tour
So, with this travel company, you can ensure your trip is as comfortable as possible according to your own tastes and desires freely and effortlessly.
What's On Action Tour Guide
Action Tour Guide, a brand that serves driving or walking self-guided tours, offers a variety of beautiful locations that can be enjoyed and explored by travelers even around the world.
There are many locations to explore, divided into categories such as East Coast, History Buff, Midwest/South, National park, West Coast, International, and All Tours.
It has a comprehensive guide covering international regions such as Thailand, Singapore, India, Israel, and many more.
They also have bundle tours with a selection of destinations that are not too far away from one location to another which will be very enjoyable to choose if you have a long time available instead of just spending one location.
However, this is only valid for one trip only and does not apply to the following days.
Different from bundle tours, they offer the Action+ Unlimited Subscription Membership program, in which you can take any tour any number of times during your subscription.
Action+ tours consist of 85+ self-guided driving and walking tours across the country. This would be the perfect choice if you want to explore all the beauty, wonders, and history offered by the countries included on these bundle membership tours.
The company even offers quite unique trips with a different atmosphere from other tours, such as the Ghost Tour, which is very thrilling and worth trying.
Due to this brand’s wide selection of exciting tours, it would be impossible to cover all of them. Therefore, we will cover 2 of the most popular and sought-after tours by travelers.
Action Tour Guide Most Popular Tours
- All Boston and Newport Walking & Driving Tours Bundle
- Ghosts of the Gettysburg Battlefield Self-Guided Driving Tour
We will discuss these two tours in the next section, which we hope will help you to understand the overview of the tours provided by this company. So, let’s get straight to the adventure in the next section of the tour review!
Action Tour Guide All Boston and Newport Walking & Driving Tours Bundle Review
Do you love exploring areas steeped in history? If so, the All Boston and Newport Walking & Driving Tours Bundle will be a perfect choice since these are southern New England’s most beautiful historical sites.
This bundle covers all such beautiful scenery for all historical areas in England. It comes with two types of bundles that you can see below:
- Walking tour of Boston’s iconic Freedom Trail (Old North Church, Faneuil Hall, & more)
- Universitas Harvard
- Cape Ann scenic driving tour
- Cape Cod with Provincetown
- The iconic Cliff Walk, which winds past famous Golden Age mansions such as The Breakers and Marble House
- Hop in your car and drive down Bellevue Avenue and around Ocean Drive
- Learn about the mansions, Newport’s historical past, and iconic American millionaires like the Vanderbilts and Astors
The Boston tour package includes a very remarkable journey with a starting point of the tour:
- Freedom Trail (From Boston Common): 139 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
- Freedom Trail (From Bunker Hill): Bunker Hill Monument
- Harborwalk: South Station, 700 Atlantic Ave, Boston, MA 02110
- Harvard Yard: Johnston Gate, 1465 Massachusetts Ave, Cambridge, MA 02138
- Cape Cod: Cape Cod Visitor Center, Barnstable, MA 02630, USA
- Cape Ann: Glouchester Visitor Center at Stage Fort Park, 24 Hough Ave, Gloucester, MA 01930
- Boston Ghost: Masonic Building, 186 Tremont St, Boston, MA 02116, USA
- Newport RI: Discover Newport Visitor Center, 23 America’s Cup Ave, Newport, RI 02840
From this travel bundle, you’ll be offered a choice of driving or walking with a treat of different places with a travel time that takes about 16 to 18 hours. As this bundle mainly consists of walking tours, it is recommended to purchase 1 per person, and it doesn’t include admission.
This is the best “must” package for a Boston and New England trip. You can also enjoy other trips, such as the Boston freedom trail, to get a very interesting historical journey.
Action Tour Guide Ghosts of the Gettysburg Battlefield Self-Guided Driving Tour Review
Do you like spooky trips? As someone with many guts, you must like mystical things. Ghosts of the Gettysburg Battlefield Self-Guided Driving Tour will give you the best experience with spooky vibes but with a strong historical story.
From this tour you’ll get a very thrilling experience that includes traveling with the starting point of the tour:
- The Gettysburg Ghost tour starts at the Gettysburg Heritage Center and begins a lap around the battlefield
- Oak Ridge and hear the chilling tale of the brigadier general who sent his men to certain doom and what happened to them after they met an untimely end
- Continue to the site of General Lee’s headquarters on Seminary Ridge and hear the harrowing story of a soldier buried alive among the corpses of his comrades
This tour will take you to sites on the battlefield where mysterious and unexplained events take place. These are true stories of frightening encounters experienced by visitors on the battlefield.
This self-guided Gettysburg Ghost tour lets you explore the spooky events of the battlefield with maximum flexibility, safety, and value.
Hop in your car, set up the tour guide app on your phone, and get started. All audio plays automatically based on location. This self-guided audio tour narrated by Mark Nesbitt, author of Ghosts of Gettysburg will make your trip even more thrilling.
To back up the tense atmosphere of the battlefield location, this self-guided tour will give you details about true accounts of unexplained events that visitors have witnessed, from noises in the attic to uninvited guests appearing in the chaplain’s bed in the middle of the night.
Furthermore, the creepy journey will continue with great suspense. Here are the creepy locations you will visit on this tour:
- Mark Nesbitt’s Ghosts of Gettysburg Candlelight Tours
- Seminary Ridge
- Schmucker Hall
- The Eisenhower Farm
- Little Round Top
- Devil’s Den
- Ghosts of Weikert House
- Ahead: Pennsylvania Monument
- The Codori House
- Pickett’s Charge
This ride is guaranteed to be more thrilling than when you enter a haunted house ride. With real stories and locations, plus audio narration that will support your journey, it’s even creepier. Well, are you ready to fight your fears with this thrilling tour?
Action Tour Guide Pricing
Since this self-guided tour has several types of trips that can be accessed by travelers, the price of each trip will certainly be different. To make it easier for you to understand the estimated price given by this travel company, we will list and group according to the types of trips available.
Here is the price range according to the type of trip:
- Walking Tour: $6.99 – $14.99 / person
- Driving Tour: $9.99 – $24.99 / car
- Bundle Tour: $39.96 / person
- East Coast:
- Walking Tour: $4.99 – $59.94 / person
- Driving Tour: $9.99 – $14.99 / car
- Bundle Tour: $176 / person
- History Buff:
- Walking Tour: $4.99 – $14.99 / person
- Driving Tour: $9.99 – $36 / car
- Bundle Tour: $27.96 – $176 / person
- Walking Tour: $6.99 – $14.99 / person
- Driving Tour: $9.99 – $24.98 / car
- Bundle Tour: $39.97 – $214.99 / person
- National Park:
- Walking Tour: $4.99 – $14.99 / person
- Driving Tour: $6.99 – $24.98 / car
- Bundle Tour: $24.98 – $214.99 / person
- West Coast:
- Driving Tour: $9.99 – $39.98 / car
- Bundle Tour: $44.97 – $104.89 / person
- 1-Year Unlimited Subscription: $89.99 / person
If you feel that these prices are still not within your budget, there is no need to worry, as the brand has discount offers of up to 70% off on some available tours and 10% off on all tours.
We recommend subscribing to their newsletter to get promo codes to redeem various other exciting discounts. Enjoy a fun trip with great prices and offers!
How Action Tour Guide Works
Private local guides who can always adjust your schedule and take you wherever you want, do they really exist? With Action Tour Guide, you will get a lot of conveniences to spend your vacation time.
These self-travel guides will take you around the site, explaining what you’re seeing and why it’s important.
They work through an Action Tour Guide com app that offers a combination of live guides, guidebooks, and interactive maps. The app works by using your GPS location, so it’s hands-free.
Here’s how you can purchase apps/tours:
Purchase from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Please note that iPhone users will need an Apple ID.
Once the purchase is complete, download your purchased Tour. After making the purchase, you will receive a password via email/text message. Then, follow the instructions provided. And Download the Action Tour Guide app, and enter the password to download the specific Tour.
You can finally start the Tour whenever you want as it is a self-guided Tour which means there are no restrictions.
So how to start the tour?
- Go to the starting point
- Listen to the Welcome Stop. The audio at this stop will tell you how the app works and what the Tour covers
- Using the Tour map and route, follow the route from one stop to the next
- The audio stop will automatically appear and start playing when you approach the Stop by entering its geo-circle. You don’t even need to touch the phone
- When the story appears, and the narration starts, you’ll be able to view an image (or multiple images), read the transcript, fast forward/reverse pause/play, and more
Action Tour Guide Pros & Cons
To make it easier for you to understand the whole brand, we have summarized and made some points about the brand that you can consider. So, here are the Action Tour Guide’s pros and cons:
Action Tour Guide Pros
- Fully guided personal tours and self-guided at your own pace
- Offers options for driving and walking tours
- 357+ audio transcripts about fun facts for every location that is highly educational
- The app was easy to use with plenty of instructions
- Provide any sightseeing points and location-aware plays automatically
- All individual tours come with lifetime validity
- No network needed
- 100% Money-back guarantee
Action Tour Guide Cons
- Sometimes there are some errors in the use of the application or GPS
Is Action Tour Guide Worth It?
As a newly established self-guided travel company in the industry, Action Tour Guide has shown its existence in the world of travel arrangements. They have achieved many extraordinary things that you will not find in other travel agents.
The app is very easy to use and works flawlessly, giving a lot of satisfaction to travelers who love self-guided tours. Moreover, the collection of highly informative audio stories and music support to foster an interesting atmosphere into each trip makes the tour even more enjoyable.
This tour will perfectly accompany anyone who has a sudden free time and doesn’t know what to do to fill the time. You can customize it to your liking at the time you have. It is perfect, fun, and worth trying!
Is Action Tour Guide legit?
After you know how worthy this brand is, it is also important for you to know whether Action Tour Guide has a legit website. Especially if you remember that this travel company offers self-guided services without the help of a tour guide.
Fortunately, the brand has set up a very informative website to help you understand some of the things you need to know about its performance. Everything you might be wondering about is available on their website with a pleasant look and easy-to-understand explanations.
Well, it turns out that not only is the website very easy to access, but the app also makes it very easy to use and easy to understand. All the features provided in the application will help users when touring, especially regarding automatic features that can keep running even without you holding your cellphone.
All the convenience that you can get from the website and the application makes it legit without a doubt!
Action Tour Guide Customer Reviews
Action Tour Guide always strives to develop many things to give the best service to their customers as seen by the high ratings and positive reviews about this company.
They became an excellent verified company on the Trustpilot website with a rating of 4.6/5 based on 96 reviews. This is quite a high score with 84% of reviewers giving a 5-star rating. So, let’s hear what the reviewers have to say.
One reviewer who recently traveled with this tour service left a comment:
It’s a great tour, learning at your own pace while having plenty of places to stop and explore. Had teenage kids and they enjoyed it too. Lots of beautiful scenery!!!
As we have said before, with this tour you can enjoy a tour at your own pace which will certainly be very enjoyable and profitable for you. It is even proven that the choices provided by this travel can be enjoyed by anyone and at any age.
Another reviewer said:
For just $15 you can enjoy a well-narrated tour in your own car, at your own pace. I really liked my experience. I don’t usually like groups so this was a great option that I never considered before. I will probably use Action Tour again!
From the reviews above, the customer even wants to use the services of this travel agent again for his next trip. The affordable price and the great experience he got made him seem satisfied with this brand.
All in all, these two reviews prove how high-quality and extraordinary the services delivered by this self-guided travel agent are. This is what makes it worthy of a high rating from its satisfied customers.
How To Contact Action Tour Guide
Did you experience some problems when using this self-guided travel? Fortunately, this brand has customer service that will be happy to help all its customers. You can contact their team during the hours of 5 AM EST – 5 PM EST for maximum service.
So where should you contact their team? Please contact the customer service team at:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1(508) 506 1844
- Facebook: @actiontourguideapp
- Instagram: actiontourguide
But we recommend that you make sure to check out the FAQ page to get all the answers you might need.
Where To Access Action Tour Guide
Can’t wait to try a tour from this travel agent? just calm down. To access and purchase the tour options you want to try from this company, you can access them on the Action Tour Guide website.
You can also find and make purchases on other travel websites such as Tripadvisor, Viator, Expedia, Get Your Guide, etc.
Not only that, but you can also buy it from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store: Check out the free demo first. Follow the standard In-App purchase to buy the Tour.
Choose whichever option is easy for you and create your best trip yet!
Imagine having a local personal guide take you around the site, explaining what you’re seeing and why it’s important. How exciting is that? Get ready because the Action Tour Guide will really get into the act of taking you around the beautiful, historic, spooky, and thrilling areas.
Thanks to the highly informative audio guide, map, and tour book, you can enjoy your best tour with an unforgettable experience exploring some destinations alone comfortably and safely.